In September we had hoped that Corona would allow us to carry out this year’s Queer Dance Camp. In the meantime, infection numbers have soared. Not only Berlin, but actually all of Germany is a single “risk area” – not to mention other countries in Europe. Unfortunately, we cannot expect miracles from the current so called “lockdown light” in Germany. We no longer believe that in mid-December it will be possible to carry out the QDC in a format that deserves its name – or that any such camp would be responsible under the current circumstances if it was allowed by German and Berlin authorities.
With a heavy heart, we are therefore cancelling the Queer Dance Camp 2020.
We would like to thank the coaches who agreed to give workshops, the registered dancers for your encouragement, and the dancers who had not yet registered for your quiet anticipation.
We’ll meet again! Until then, stay healthy and careful!
The 7th Camp for Equality dancing couples will take place on the penultimate weekend before Christmas in Berlin. Attention: So this time not really the last weekend before Christmas. Intensive training, lots of fun, new insights and afterwards tired bones looking forward to Christmas are waiting for you. The training camp is aimed at Equality dance couples from Berlin, Germany as well as internationally, no matter if you are tournament couples (all classes) or amateur athletes. The training is usually held bilingually (German/English) or supplemented in the other language.
During the weekend, 11 different training sessions of 1.5 hours each for ballroom and latin will be offered by trainers from pinkballroom and elsewhere who are experienced in the field of equality. These are this year: Pascal Herrbach, Guido Bouwman, Gergely Darabos, Margaryta Vyshetravska, Christian Wenzel, Corentin Normand and Caroline Privou & Petra Zimmermann (under the Corona-proviso).
The QDC takes place in compliance with the Corona regulations and we have developed a hygiene concept. This changes a lot – but it will still be nice!
The date for 2020: Fri., 11.12.2020, 16:00 (!) – Sun, 13.12.2020, 18:30 (!). Further information and the detailed programme will follow. Each participant can participate in at least 6 training units (see hygiene concept). We are planning the following additional activities:
- Warm up with Margaryta Vyshetravska
- Dinner together in the club bistro
- Finissage of the exhibition „Equality-Dance Sport – Moments“ in the climbing hall Magic-Mountain
This year’s theme picks up on the theme that also concerns us in everyday life: „Distance„. We are curious to see what the trainers will make of it;-) Perhaps they will take up the following questions:
- In which situations and with which parts of the body is distance desired – and when/where not?
- How do we get together again after sufficient distance?
- What can we train better with distance in a couple, so that we can dance together more harmoniously afterwards?
What is special about the camp?
- Dancers from different courses and different clubs meet and learn with and from each other.
- The dancing together and the intensive exchange motivates „not yet“ – just like „is-longer-longer-here“ tournament dancers to re-enter competitive dancing. With this we support the DVET-action „Einsteiger_innen gesucht!“
- Changes in leadership are partly part of the training – some want to dance regularly, others „only“ profit from the „new experiences“. With this we support the DVET-action „Save the leadership change!“
- All trainings are suitable for all participants – no matter if you set your own focus in Latin or Standard.
- The special thing this year: The Pink-X-mas-Ball is unfortunately cancelled!
Cost contribution per person:
- pinkballroom-members & -women: 60 EUR
- Participants from Eastern European countries: 60 EUR
- all others: 80 EUR
The registration is done by e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Names single person or couple
- City and club
- Do you need a bed from the bed exchange?
Then you will receive all the information you need to specify the prioritized sessions and pay the fee.
- We will complete the information as soon as it is available. Check the website from time to time.
- Any questions? Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to you!
Who likes to plan for longer: The date for the following year is 184.108.40.2061.