Following the cancellation of the Berlin Open in the last two Corona years, pinkballroom is finally hosting the 19th Berlin Open Championships for Equality Dancing in ballroom and latin american dances in 2022. We look forward to great dancers, to the fantastic audience, to the joyful faces on all sides. . . . For some it’s the preparation for the European Championships, for others it’s only a regional tournament event and for the well-informed it’s a particularly charming and loving tournament THE fixed date in the tournament calendar. We are eager to see whether dancers from all over Europe will find their way to Berlin again this year, in any case we expect a colourful starting field, which will delight the audience in its diversity and its dancing quality.
New Queer Tournaments – Dancing away from gender roles
At this year’s Berlin Open, we will host queer tournaments for the first time in addition to the women* and men* tournaments. It is aimed at all couples who are not allowed to dance at DTV tournaments, but also do not feel welcome in women* and men* tournaments, e. g. because
- as non-binary persons they will not assign themselves any role,
- a woman leads a man,
- a pair with Inter*/Trans* people does not express a typical female*/male* pair,
- they like the idea of queer tournaments,
- or. . . or. . . or. . . or
Note: The women* and men* tournaments according to the tournament rules of the DVET are also open to all trans*, inter* and non-binary persons. But during a single tournament they must be assigned to either the women* or men* categories according to the rules. This assignment is omitted in these queer tournaments. We would like to invite all non-DTV couples, who have not felt very welcome in the DVET tournaments so far, to dance along. We will make it possible for dancers to dance at the Berlin Open 2022 a queer* and a women*/men* tournament. The tournaments are organized according to the tournament rules of the DVET.
Corona’s not over yet, the numbers are rising again. We don’t want you to take home a virus as a souvenir of the Berlin Open. That is why we will have to ensure that the ballroom and all other rooms are well ventilated. Please understand, even if you are in the draught.
Like our main club, we also recommend wearing a mouth-nose protection, at best an FFP2 mask, as soon as you can no longer keep a distance of 1. 5 m indoors. This recommendation does not apply to dancing itself.
- 17:00 – 19:00 Warm-up (17:00 ballroom, 18:00 latin)
- 18:00 – 19:30 pre-check-in
- 19:00 – 20:00 Welcome
Moderation: Lady Olivia & Boris Ostrowski, Music for tournament & evening: Andrea Tangoschlampe Schlinkert
- 11:00: entrance open
- 12:00 – 15:30 tournament women* ballroom, queer latin, men* latin
- 16:00 – 19:30 tournament women* latin, queer ballroom, men* ballroom
- followed by dancing for all
- 11:00 – 14:00 brunch at the sunny terrace of the club, or inside
- 14:00 – 16:00: Symposium „Tanzen jenseits von Geschlechterrollen im DVET und DTV?“ in German language
- Sportzentrum der Turngemeinde in Berlin 1848 e.V., Columbiadamm 111 in Berlin-Neukölln
- how to get there
For additional information please contact us: email@example.com